* St. Louis Jazz Notes is featuring some excellent, Miles Davis videos from his always interesting ‘electric years.’
* More on the fascinating Miles Davis-Sugar Ray Robinson connection: Sugar Ray’s Harlem, Back in the Day
* Hey look, it’s a photo of Don Cheadle dressed up as War Machine and not Miles Davis. Sigh.
* And yet even Miles Davis, who in rejecting Satchmo’s crowd-pleasing ways went so far as to turn his back on the audience, acknowledged that the history of jazz radiated out from Louis Armstrong: “You can’t play nothing on trumpet,” Davis said, “that doesn’t come from him.” — The Voice That Helped Remake Culture
* Fantastic sketch of Miles Davis