- “With the reissue of landmark jazz albums Kind of Blue and Time Out from 50 years ago, it’s hard not to feel a little nostalgic.” Has it been all downhill for jazz since 1959? J.D. Considine starts the conversation.
- Miles of John Coltrane — good spot to read about “original issues on which Coltrane plays as lead or sideman, with a chronological approach, pausing longer in the Miles Davis years.”
- “Quickly tiring of European composers, Fela, struck by Miles Davis and Frank Sinatra, formed the Koola Lobitos in 1961, and his band became a fixture in London’s club scene.” –FELA! the critically acclaimed musical, will arrive on Broadway this fall where it begins performances at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre October 19.
- my vinyl review reviews Jimmy Cobb’s So What Band at Yoshi’s in Oakland, California. Great wrap-up and cool photos of Miles Davis.
- Reflecting on Miles Davis At Carnegie Hall.